Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2008 Year in Review

What I learned about myself:
5. I can do endurance events. Lots of running friends said I wasn't built for endurance. You can do anything if you really want to.
4. I really enjoy the triathlon and I love to train.
3. I need more carbs, hydration and electrolytes than anyone I know.
2. Anything less than 2.5 hrs. does not feel like a workout anymore.
1. I can go farther and faster.

Two dissapointments:
2. Suffered a severe bonk at
Way Too Cool. Needed an IV at the finish line, and gave my friends a real scare.
1. Did not PR at 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, marathon...but came very close.

Five biggest accomplishments:
5. My swim around the Santa Cruz pier at the Sentinel Tri. I took nearly 10 mins. off last year's time.
4. Winning my division at the Sandman Tri. It may never happen again.
3. Vineman 70.3 -- my first half ironman, but also felt good for having found a way to finish the race after two flat tires.
2. 3 ultras, including American River 50 -- that's 50 miles, people. I even qualified for Western States 100!
1. Easily my proudest moment as my 7-yr. old son Cayman won the 7 - 8 age group in his very first triathlon.

No comments: